KNR is looking for a Senior Director, Business Development based in Los Angeles (preferable) or New York to join this fast-growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody with a creative mindset and an existing network of contacts with law firms and management companies to help further expand our artist roster. Reporting to the CEO, this role requires a highly driven and self-motivated individual with great aptitude for spotting new and upcoming artist talents. You need to have excellent communication and social skills, and be prepared to spend time outside office hours attending gigs and meeting with potential clients and representatives.
What You'll Do:
• Find and sign new clients (North America and LATAM based).
• Develop and maintain excellent business relationships with law firms, management companies, and other potential business partners.
• Attend meetings, conferences, and events to promote KNR's business.
• Work closely with CEO to continually review client acquisition strategy.
• Provide regular feedback/updates to Management.
• Prepare reports to Management as required.
• Evaluate potential deals for signing.
• Provide deal analysis for quarterly financial forecast updates.
• Work closely with the KNR administrative Team to improve processes and procedures to ensure we are always offering the best service possible to our clients.
• Work closely with KNR Income Tracking Analyst to re-evaluate airplay benchmarks on a regular basis.
• Keep a close eye on upcoming and developing artists to ensure we are ahead of the game in signing new talent.
• Maintain workflow of new, existing, and closed leads via network drive files and SalesForce.
• Research new leads as requested by Management.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of society issues, qualification criteria, and distribution policies as well as current industry news.
• Prepare and maintain client pitch documentation.
• Where necessary, liaise with the Legal & BA team to ensure that proposals and long form agreements are produced in a timely manner.
• Travel as required to meet business needs.
Who You Are
• Driven, self-motivated
• Excellent communication skills with ability to adapt communication to a diverse audience
• Excellent level of written and spoken English
• Good Excel skills – at least intermediary level
• Expansive network of contacts in the music industry
• Numerate – be comfortable with numbers and apply great accuracy
• Proficiency across the other MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• A proactive but pragmatic approach to evaluations, forecasts and airplay trends
• Ability to prioritize work
• Ability to work independently
• Good time management
• Good organization skills
• Ability to take initiatives and drive things forward
• A thorough understanding of neighboring rights
• A minimum of 7 years experience in a client facing role
What We Give You:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
About Neighbouring Rights
Through centralised, automated and efficient administration services using the latest technology, our Neighbouring Rights team offer a reduction in royalty collection time of up to 50%, more effective collection as well as substantially improved transparency to ensure performers are paid fairly around the world.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We're dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – Apply today and share your story!
We committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34zx5-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.