As a Royalty Analyst, Copyright & Union, you will be responsible for all aspects of copyright and union statements, ensuring accuracy and completeness of renderings, performing reviews, analysis and reconciliations, and associated reporting. Work closely with all areas of royalty department, as well as copyright administration, publishers, and music unions.
What you'll do:
• Render monthly/quarterly publisher statements which consists of reviewing publisher accounts, advances, earnings, payee information, executing reports, preparing wires and maintaining printing preferences. Prepare and research comparative publisher payment analysis to understand fluctuations with payments.
• Review/analyze/process statement adjustments related to earnings, out of cycle payments, vendor to account balance transfers and publisher refunds.
• Prepare and analyze unrecouped balance analysis at account, song and performance level to assess risk and alert management of potential action of risk situations.
• Research, resolve and respond to publisher inquiries in a timely manner.
• Reconcile and analyze monthly union expense and assess reasonableness of union payments. Assist with union rendering by completing artist research and performing database maintenance.
• Work with the IS&T to test system upgrades, identify problems, and recommend/test solutions.
• Special projects/other duties as assigned by management.
Who you are:
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration
• Detail oriented individual with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with different levels within the organization
• Independent and well organized worker, with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
• MS Office proficient with working knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables & VLOOKUP) and Access (a plus)
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess