Coordinator, Video Release Planning
New York, NY
About Sony Music Entertainment
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We've played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We've nurtured some of music's most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we're committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
The Coordinator will be responsible for researching release information for products spanning several genres (rock, pop, jazz,) and the entry and maintenance of the information in the Sony Music proprietary label copy system (GRPS). You will be directly involved with setting up new catalog releases as well as maintaining a deep catalog of releases. The Release Planning team coordinates release information with many departments including A&R, Business Affairs, Copyright and Independent Producers and specialists.
What you'll do:
• Coordinate the research of information from multiple sources and responsible for insuring the information is accurate and flows to all downstream systems
• Reviewing data to insure all digital partner style guides are met
• Supporting the Release Planning team with research and data updates for the company's catalog
• Maintain complex systems and communicate data issues
• Involvement in special projects as needed
Who you are:
• You have an outstanding attention to detail and organization.
• You have strong research skills and can track information for a high volume of releases.
• You are an independent worker and can follow through on projects independently.
• You are a good communicator and are a team player.
• You are interested in the operational side of the business.
What we give you:
• An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's)