Global Data Services Coordinator
Universal Music Group
Coordinator, Metadata (Temporary) / Publishing Administration
As a Coordinator, Metadata (Temporary), you will play a key role in supporting the team to help our artists deliver music to their fans. Your role would help with the administration of Essential Music Publishing catalog of songs by ensuring that the publishing catalog (administrated and owned) is properly matched with sound recordings, and song shares are properly registered to ensure proper royalty collections and licensing. Position requires interaction with internal and external contacts.
What you'll do:
• Manage conflicts, appeals, asset management, disputes regarding YouTube videos and any other Content Management Systems that may be accessed in the future.
• Metadata collection – collect relevant ISRC, release date, artist, record label data, Spotify/YouTube links for back catalog.
• Assist in preparation and review of quarterly and semi-annual royalty statements and payments for Essential Music Publishing catalog with a specific focus on statement processing and song matching for various publishing companies.
• Use third party tools like Spotify Analytics, etc. to cross reference against back catalog to ensure all metadata references are accurate, externally and internally.
• Monitor the Essential YouTube email account/inbox and respond to customer inquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
Who you are:
• At least one year of prior administrative experience
• Prior music industry/music publishing experience strongly preferred
• Strong analytical skills and proven experience with managing lots of data with a keen attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated organization skills including experience coordinating multiple assignments and projects in a deadline-driven environment with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
• Knowledge of online digital music tools and familiarity with music file types
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork