As a Coordinator, Intellectual Property Licensing (IPL), you will provide administrative and project support for the Intellectual Property Licensing Department. Position will require interaction across all internal members and external contacts.
What you'll do:
• Monitor internal label product release schedules to identify clearance work to be initiated
• Obtain product information such as label copy and video cue-sheets from various departments within the company
• Obtain, confirm songwriter and publisher ownership splits/shares for songs
• Process and maintain writer administration changes, including working with publishers to obtain all necessary details around change of administration
• Research and provide labels with confirmed writer credits
• Provide regular updates on status of project clearance and licensing to team lead and project analyst
• Maintain Royalty Accounts, including creating new accounts, obtaining W9 forms and coordinating with accounts payable on vendor maintenance
• Update payment statuses of songwriters, publishers, songs or products as needed
• Calculate simple copyright royalty rates
• Perform administrative tasks pertaining to the clearance of video broadcasting and/or synchronization rights
• Perform administrative tasks pertaining to the negotiation of reduced copyright royalty rates
• Process copyright licenses for physical, digital and mobile products, including requesting, reviewing and executing licenses; help monitor and maintain bulk licensing processes
• Respond to publisher inquiries regarding ownership splits/shares and licensing status
• Generate and circulating reports
• Register new SME recordings and products with the US Copyright Office, including tracking and proper archiving of completed registrations.
• Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis
Who you are:
• At least 1 year general copyright administrative experience required
• Excellent written/oral communication skills, including ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner
• Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to detail with ability to effectively multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work well under pressure and handle a variety of tasks
• General understanding of the music business
What we give you:
• An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• Time off for a Winter recess
• The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $50k
The anticipated annual base salary does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
New York Pay Range
$52,000 - $52,000 USD
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6v6k9-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.