Coordinator, Asset Management – Release Planning and Production
As the Coordinator, Asset Management, you will be a vital and significant contributor to the long-term success and profitability of Sony Music Latin. You will be responsible for managing our US Latin asset library, you will be researching, discovering, organizing and ultimately digitizing potentially over 50+ years of Latin Music and repertoire. Your contribution efforts will help Sony Music Latin find and achieve endless opportunities to maximize the treasured library of our Latin iconic artists. You will report to the Sr. Director of Operations.
What you'll do:
• Support the Latin catalog division and our other Latin label teams to research archived content for extraction, QC, productization and digitization.
• Manage accessibility and the inventory of our master archives (both new release and catalog) using resources at our off-site vaults, storage facilities and internal archiving systems.
• Work with producers, mastering facilities and A&R to assure full master deliverables for new releases are delivered with full compliancy. Trouble-shoot any discrepancies and work with our Media Production team to archive within the Sony systems.
• Conduct a thorough asset file review of all masters submitted to and received by Asset Management, confirming all deliverables are fully compliant, and re-name files if needed prior to long-term archiving in the Sony systems. Trouble-shoot or communicate with producers or A&R if any discrepancies.
• Manage and enforce compliant delivery of all photographer agreements and master purchase agreements as well as collect and archive all content as outlined in agreements.
• Export masters from our Sony systems for mastering, marketing, licensing or sales as requested.
• Support the overall Asset Management and Release Planning team as needed.
Who you are:
• BA in Broadcast Engineering or relevant Degree.
• You are a self-starter and thrives in a team setting.
• Strong Data Management experience (manipulate spreadsheets and data management)
• Working knowledge of Master format (audio, video and digital) asset and master formats, including audio formats, video tapes and digital file types.
• You come from Music, Entertainment, TV Broadcasting, Recording Studio and/or understand Release Planning.
• Relevant Mastering, engineering or label production experience is a plus.
• You are extremely organized and versed in spreadsheet management of data.
• Spanish is a plus but not required.
• You have great communication skills and able to take charge of the role and responsibilities with confidence and own it.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative, global family-like community, where you are welcomed to fuel the creative journey.
• We invest in your professional growth and development
• A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more…
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching.
• Voluntary benefits such as; company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
• Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk08p-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.