As an Administrative Assistant, Publicity you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the SVP, Publicity and Publicity department at Epic Records. You will help to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the Publicity department at Epic Records by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
What you'll do:
• Receive, screen and route incoming telephone calls.
• Maintain calendar, schedules meetings/conference calls, and coordinate travel arrangements for the Vice President, Publicity.
• Maintain and expand publicity and entertainment contact database for the department.
• Plan and oversee press events and appearances for touring artists.
• Send out press kits to local media in advance of artist performance in the area.
• Pitch and solicit interviews and stories for artists on tour.
• Manage departmental office supplies.
• Process invoices and T&E reports in a timely and efficient manner.
• Coordinate activities and act as a liaison with other internal departments, executives, employees, artists and their management.
• Coordinate and draft correspondence and presentations using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Attend and participate in meetings when necessary and appropriate.
• Must be well versed on all aspects of publicity projects.
• Assist in the development of publicity/marketing concepts, strategies and plans.
• Accompany artists to a variety of appearances as required.
• Help coordinate day to day publicity duties (pitching stories, calling/emailing press, putting releases over wire, following up on interview requests, etc.).
• Collect and distribute copies of all TV appearances and relevant articles to executives/Columbia staff.
• Assist with booking and coordinating press events.
• Assist with the coordination of all aspects of press appearances including booking travel, managing itineraries and interacting with editors and television producers.
• Maintain publicity tools (press kits, videos, photos, database).
• Administer product mailings to media outlets.
Who you are:
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and with 1-2 years of administrative experience in publicity or related field preferred.
• The successful candidate must have excellent command of language with strong writing skills, telephone skills and interpersonal skills and they will need to be comfortable interacting with high profile clients.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask, and focus while working under stressful and demanding situations.
• Professional, confident, positive and calm demeanor.
• Ability to work independently, be detail-oriented, remain flexible, and handle routine tasks with minimal supervision is essential.
• The use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality are absolutely required.
• Must have knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Photoshop, Internet and typical office equipment
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp5pno-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.