***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Tools Programmer, responsible for the architecture, development, and maintenance of the production tool chain.
• Contribute to the effort to develop the technology, systems, tools, and data pipelines necessary for the production of Bend Studio's games.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of advancements in the industry for game tools technologies and production pipelines, from engineering, art, and design perspectives.
• Maintain and manage communication between engineering and game production teams to enable early identification of issues and ensure that issues within direct areas of responsibility are strategically managed.
• Provide input into the architecture and implementation of toolchain systems through all phases of the game development cycle. Ensure systems are of the highest technical quality and uphold the integrity of the game's design.
• Independently undertake research prior to starting a new system or task to ensure implementation effectively meets defined goals.
• Optimize toolchain systems to full advantage of target hardware and architecture.
• Maintain a clear understanding of personal and team task lists and project milestones to ensure goals will be met from a scope, schedule, or game-play perspective.
• Clearly communicate updates and concerns to the Technical Director.
• Manage requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the toolchain systems with the appropriate members of the development and production teams.
• Present complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members.
• Minimum 1-2 years industry experience or related experience.
• One or more published titles.
• Up-to-date experience and knowledge of scripting languages
• B.S. in computer science, engineering, or relevant curriculum.
• Excellent C/C++ skills.
• Excellent understanding of 3D math.
• Experience in a wide range of game engine and toolchain systems (e.g., rendering pipelines, file IO, memory management, performance evaluation and tuning, input systems)
• Strong knowledge of production development tools including compilers, build tools, IDEs, source code and asset control systems, and integration with 3D editing packages.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb107y-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.