Commerce & Payments Architect
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
Staff Technical Project Manager
San Diego, CA
• Drive the overall direction and management of global IT projects individually or through designated Project Managers, ensuring adherence to department standard processes and procedures. Guide the project team through the profiling and analysis of projects to identify and plan for services that must be provided.
• Deliver large, very sophisticated, globally impacting programs and projects which may last several years. These projects may involve highly complex interrelationships within the organization.
• Lead and cultivate the organization's relationship with internal customers or other executive partners and vendors. Understand the customer's business objectives and assist them in achieving those goals.
• Work with other Project Managers in the Project Management Office through the project lifecycle. Provide daily oversight of activities and results.
• Assist the PM Team in establishing policies and guidelines.
• Proven success as a senior-level Project Manager, at least 8 years experience, showing a track record of delivering large, complex projects/programs under budget and on schedule.
• Strong communication, leadership, facilitation, mentoring and personnel management skills, especially in a matrix organization. Empathy for the customer and understanding of customer service approaches.
• Ability to build teams and empower individuals and groups. Strong English language verbal presentation and written communication skills, with an understanding of cross-cultural issues sufficient to tailor the language and scope of communication depending upon the recipient's target country (ex: European versus Japanese versus American).
• Must have knowledge of industry standard methodologies for project management, software engineering and business processes, such as: Project Management Institute methodology (PMI's PMBOK), Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) or Agile Project Management.
• Must have computer science knowledge adequate to understand and communicate interactions among sophisticated computer systems in business terms.
• Ability to analyze business requirements and translate those into services or solutions and develop associated plans for delivery. Proficient in MS Visio, MS-Project or Project Server, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Balance multiple tasks. Work independently and deliver a consistent high level of performance. Develop practical responses to issues where there is no clear precedent. Build and maintain project plans and budgets, and run in concert with line management to deliver projects on time and on budget.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekn10-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.