Technical Program Manager - Engineering Effectiveness
Location: Waterloo, ON (Canada)
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to be the technical delivery driver and champion of our engineering effectiveness teams. In this role, you will act as a servant leader who collaboratively plans, implements, and mitigates risks and dependencies while providing clear, timely communication to team members.
You will work with multiple scrum teams, and collaborate with globally distributed engineering teams to deliver high quality, fast, and secure experiences to millions of players.
You will use industry standard methodologies for scheduling, tracking and execution of our projects as well as initiating, planning, and carrying out cross team programs.
You will have a balance of people, organizational, and technical skills.
About our team:
We are part of the Engineering Effectiveness organization, which provides the tools and processes that enable development teams within our Experience Technology Group to do their job: building incredible experiences for our customers!
Our team owns the reliability, scalability and performance of infrastructure and systems that power our build, test, and release tooling, as well as the pipelines responsible for delivering our user-facing applications to PS4/PS5, Mobile, Web, and PC.
• Empower development teams to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
• Drive cross-team and cross-org alignment around efficiency
• Initiate and guide deep technical design discussions within our teams, and across partner teams, and ensure that we are building the right systems and keeping the quality high
• Maintain team focus on strategy and goal-oriented results
• Provide ongoing transparency into the progress, risks, schedules, and timelines of the features in development
• Lead cross-team architecture discussions to standardize design decisions across departments
• Handle interdependencies with other teams, negotiating and prioritizing as appropriate
• Develop and lead end-to-end implementations toward technical standards and expected delivery dates
• Inspire and help your teams to build innovative solutions and proactively bring new insights, technologies, and methodologies to the table
• Thrive in a high autonomy environment surrounded by unsolved problems
• Collaborate with team members from PlayStation offices around the world
• 4+ years of Program Management and Project Management experience
• Project Management experience with agile methodologies, including experience with scrum master, software architect, product manager and/or product owner roles
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience in hardware or software development with established technical capability
• You have a strong sense of ownership
• You are able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
• You have outstanding oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate equally well to software engineers, product managers, and executives
• A strong understanding of software engineering methodologies
• Knowledge of continuous integration tools, and understanding of what's required to build end-to-end CI/CD pipelines
• Knowledge of deploying, operating, and managing customer-facing services in AWS or other cloud platforms
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98y07-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.