The Fraud platform team is a seasoned team at SIE which interacts with all different teams to identify synchronous and asynchronous transactional risk. Using state of the art technology, utilizing AWS native service and Business Rules Management Systems, we create high transaction, low latency systems that live at the heart of every module in commerce platform engineering.
This is a fast paced, high-visibility engineering position with SIE's fraud platform engineering organization helping to establish a linear scale, highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed commerce services platform.
This next generation fraud platform will support the global, fast growing SIE customer base, world class PlayStation consoles, hand-held devices and network entertainment services such as PlayStation Now. This key role will lead the technology transformation of the network services platform including existing and new services supporting the dramatic customer growth on the platform.
As a Staff Software Development Engineer in the team, you will design highly scalable systems, develop distributed services, collaborate with product managers, architects, engineers, operations team members across PlayStation and build solid payment platform solutions. We are a fast-paced environment, using lightweight SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
• Develop java based micro services using Spring boot and AWS managed services
• Develop AWS based systems using managed services such as:
• AWS Lambda (Python and Java)
• AWS Kinesis Firehose
• AWS Kinesis Analytics
• AWS S3
• AWS Glue
• AWS DynamoDB
• AWS SNS
• AWS SQS
• Work with Business Rules Management Systems to create and develop rules projects
• Work with the scrum team directly to provide code reviews for other team members
• Work with the scrum team directly to provide QA in specific Fraud/Risk projects such as:
• Card Challenge
• Payment Instrument
• Work with other scrum teams to share knowledge
• Support Fraud/Risk systems in production
• Work directly and indirectly with the core commerce, Accounts & Identity, and Global Fraud Management teams
If you are a strong developer with experience and interest in distributed systems and databases, performance and scalability, we'd like to talk to you!
• BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience; Master's Degree preferred.
• 7+ years of experience in developing business critical software using Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, REST, JSON/XML, expert level of object oriented programming analysis and design
• 4+ years experience developing against Business Rules Management systems such as FICO DMP, FICO Blaze, IBM ODM, Drools or Inrule
• 2+ years' experience developing with AWS native services such as EC2, S3, Kinesis, Glue, Lambda, SQS, SNS and DynamoDB
• Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
• Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
• Experience developing web services using JSON and XML
• Proficient in software development process, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Demonstrated ability taking a project from scoping requirements to actual launch of project
• Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Experience with micro service architecture.
• Experience in requirements engineering, describing software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience with Fraud Management Systems
• Experience with ML modeling and experimentation systems
• Experience with an e-commerce company or Payments software is a plus
• Experience in deploying, operating, and managing services in AWS or other cloud environment.
• Experience building high performance, active-active, linearly scalable production services.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r719jp-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.