Production Manager - Games
San Francisco, CA
SIE seeks a highly-qualified candidate for the position of Staff Program Manager. This role will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. The candidate is expected to partner with the worldwide Sony Engineering and Product organization to lead, manage, and drive forward software projects.
• Collaborating with staff and management of multiple worldwide business units and outside 3rd parties to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
• Owning the project timeline, task assignments, and leading schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
• Contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the extended Program Management group.
• Portfolio management experience at enterprise level
• Applying knowledge for improvement of existing PMO process
• Candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the Program Management group.
• 10+ years' experience working in a program/project management capacity in a software development environment.
• Experience with Systems Development Lifecycle and Project Management Methodologies, specifically Agile/Scrum, in addition to Waterfall.
• Expert level experience with JIRA - ability to create custom dashboards, and understanding of how to manage as a source of truth
• Experience with Release Planning; specifically working with business partners to prioritize projects while also working with resource managers to understand capacity for set releases as desired.
• Experience in digital retail software and/or gaming industry is desired.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills are required.
• Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and make good, timely decisions.
• Motivated, organized self-starter who can solve routine or complicated problems effectively.
• Must possess the ability to prioritize assignments to meet required deadlines agendas, action plans, and project plans.
• Must work effectively and professionally with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as part of a team.
• Must drive strategic decision making with senior cross- functional team
• Handle all phases of program from kick-off to market delivery
• Specialist in understanding of all related pieces of program & how they fit together
• Must excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management.
• Bring clarity, calm and process to ambiguous, stressful and/or sophisticated situations
• Readily identifies platform and program risks and puts in place mitigating factors and communication plans.
• Must exercise judgment regarding if, when and how to escalate issues or drive a result including the executive level, often time resolves issues without partner concern.
• Ability to streamline program updates to partners with appropriate level of detail and drive alignment at Executive level
• Must demonstrate effective leadership
• Experienced in mentoring junior team member and contributing to the continued improvement of the program management organization
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.