Technical Program Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Francisco, CA
Staff Analyst, Product Analytics
San Francisco, CA
• Participate in product analytics efforts working directly with multiple Product Managers, Engineering leads and Product leads across the company - conceptualize and execute sophisticated analytics projects related to product feature prioritization, ad-hoc product analysis, embedded product analytics tools and programs, product critical metric planning & value measurements, and user design & navigational analytics.
• Independently extract and integrate data from multiple big data systems to support analytical efforts, including writing complex SQL queries, analyze in-app customer journeys through Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics.
• Individual contributor role while working in a team of hard-working product analyst resources
• Develop and present executive-level synthesis of data analysis to Product Management
• Work in close collaboration with data engineering, software development, data sciences, user experience and product management teams to define product analytics requirements and metrics, and then conceptualize, design and execute embedded analytical tools and solutions for product features.
• 5+ years of experience in product analytics leadership role, including managing and running analytics projects either independently or leading small high-performance teams.
• 5+ years of experience in software development or data engineering, especially in building analytics tools and products
• 5+ years of experience working with product leads, product managers, software engineering and user experience design teams
• 5+ years of advanced SQL programming skills, high level of independence required
• 5+ years of demonstrable experience with web tools including Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, and standard BI Tools (MicroStrategy, Business Objects, , Cognos, etc.)
• 5+ years of experience in the use of at least one established commercial statistical analytics tool including R, Python, SAS, SPSS, KXEN, Matlab, etc.
• Experience with leading and presenting analyses to senior product leadership and acting as a thought partner to product managers
• Demonstrable expertise in various analytic modeling techniques including multivariate/linear regression, k-means clustering, etc. is preferred
• Experience with data visualization tools (Qlikview, Tableau, Spotfire)
• Familiarity with big data technologies (Mapreduce, Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, Pig, etc.)
• Expert skills in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Access, Project, and PowerPoint) as well as Visio to prepare and present analysis results
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq549m-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.