San Diego, CA
Sr. Technical Writer
San Diego, CA
This role is for a Senior Technical Writer to join our team and help take our technical documentation services to new heights. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand. We expect you to deliver concise and effective documentation that addresses the requirements of end users.
As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in authoring and maintaining technical documents, process documentation, and end-user guides, while working closely with engineering teams and subject matter experts within an Agile environment. You will work in a fast paced environment and support the services used to build the PlayStation experience.
Major job duties and responsibilities:
• Author user guides and quick start guides for software applications using Oxygen.
• Use a source control system, i.e. Git, daily to store and version all crafted technical content.
• Publish documentation to a web-based platform.
• Ensure documentation follows department style guides and content models.
• Develop or manage the development of all technical content and their review cycles, working independently to research subject matter and understand the needs of the end users.
• Work closely with designated contacts for project scope, reviews, approvals, and delivery, including Product, Development, QA, Program Management, and others.
• Effectively communicate project status to Lead Writer and/or cross-functional team and proactively call out project challenges to management for resolution.
• Monitor assigned documentation projects to ensure they are on schedule, meet business and audience needs, and are delivered within the forecasted budget.
• Experience in both authoring topic-based DITA content and converting unstructured content into DITA.
• Knowledge of single-sourcing methodologies.
• Expert proficiency with both written and verbal communication, for both business and technical audiences.
• Expert experience using advanced authoring software (Oxygen XML), and source control systems.
• Ability to work independently and manage deadlines.
• Highly driven, enthusiastic, eager, collaborative, and inventive.
• Professional analytical, researching, and problem solving skills. Ability to collaborate with multicultural teams across the globe.
• Proven experience working in an Agile Environment along with an understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• High level of creativity, dependability, and flexibility in a fast-paced environment to multi-task, meet deadlines, and adapt to meet project needs.
• BS/BA in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience writing software documentation for a technical audience.
• Experience using Jira and Confluence.
• Experience handing off content for translation.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office, GiT/GiTHub.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vox9-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.