Sr. Software Systems Engineer
San Diego, CA
SIE is looking for an operations and support engineer with excellent troubleshooting skills to join a growing team in the Global Service Operations organization. The mission of this group is to provide 24/7 operational support of the Sony Network Platform and to manage all inbound support requests to the team while working with internal and external teams to drive issues to resolution within defined SLAs.
• Provide operational support for PlayStation Network platform.
• Investigate, troubleshoot, and triage complex production software/application/service issues and misuse.
• Identify and escalate issues or root causes of systemic issues; lead, facilitate or participate in prompt resolution.
• Understand and take responsibilities for all operational workflows and standard operating procedures, down to a granular, detailed level.
• Create/maintain comprehensive support and process documentation.
• Interface with international Sony groups and external parties to provide application support.
• Fulfill business support service requests (troubleshooting, log reviews, etc.).
• Systems, applications, and performance monitoring.
• Utility/tools development to improve support processes.
• Work with peers to assign, prioritize and complete daily tasks and Production issues
• Lead business critical technical strategic projects
• Lead the development of tools and monitoring
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• 5+ years of large scale systems administration and/or software development experience.
• Customer service mentality - calm, customer-oriented communication.
• Programming experience in Java or C++ and/or strong scripting skills (Ruby, Bash, or Python).
• Experience supporting web applications in Java, Tomcat stacks.
• Experience in EKS & K8 preferred
• Experience with Observability tools - DataDog, Splunk, Catchpoint, Light Step, Imply, etc.,
• Experience troubleshooting complex systems and applications on *nix platforms.
• Experience using source control, bug tracking, and ticketing systems in a team environment.
• Experience in 24×7 production operations and participate in a periodic on-call rotation.
• Experience establishing processes and measurement of those processes.
• Experience building scalable systems with very high levels of concurrency and transactions.
• Experience in real-time databases (such as Oracle, Cassandra, Aerospike, etc)
• Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms.
• Capable of quickly troubleshoot complex problems, understanding dependencies and deducing the root issue.
• Proficient in using command line tools to quickly triage and fix production issues then conduct root cause analysis.
• DevOps mentality with ample automation experience.
• Understanding of Service Operations and ITIL principles and processes
• Strong experience in public cloud services and deployment in AWS including EC2, EKS, CloudFormation, Code Pipeline, and Lambda.
• Self-starter and able to work with limited supervision.
• MS degree in computer science and/or 6+ years relevant work experience, including in a high-volume or critical production service environment as well as experience leading short projects.
• 2+ years of technical leadership and/or management experience, leading engineering teams and mentoring others.
• Prior experience working in highly available finance, or revenue sensitive environment.
• Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Good understanding of software development processes.
• Strong troubleshooting and QA skills.
• Experience in developing cross-platform code.
• Experience with e-commerce, especially in payment processing on a global scale.
• Experience with Java Application Servers/Containers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1qbn-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.