Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA
Sr. Data Scientist
San Mateo, CA
Execute advanced analytics and statistical modeling projects related to platform engagement, customer segmentation and buying behavior analysis, customer retention analysis, e-commerce store management and performance, etc.
• Utilize linear/logistic regression and other statistical techniques, as well as decision trees and clustering analyses to study customer behavior
• Independently extract and integrate data from multiple data systems (including writing complex SQL queries) to support analytical efforts.
• Develop understanding of a la carte and subscription-based business models.
• Provide detailed monthly and quarterly financial overviews to management. Participate and support in delivering results and presentations to clients
• Provide thought-leadership in ongoing financial measurement and analysis of SIE's services. Identify new ideas and opportunities for analytic projects
• Knowledge of the gaming industry and relevant gaming titles
• 3+ years of advanced SQL programming skills required
• 3+ years of experience using statistical packages (R or Python) for model development
• Business model development and forecasting abilities
• Minimum 4 years of experience in a business intelligence role, marketing analysis, business and/or financial management tasks for commercial organizations, preferably within the e-commerce space
• Master's Degree in Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, or Engineering preferred. BA/BS Degree (Mathematics, Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science) is a minimum requirement
• In-depth understanding and experience using supervised and non-supervised learning techniques such as linear/logistic regression, clustering, decision trees, association analysis. Proficient in model validation techniques such as cross validation, bootstrapping, and out-of-sample testing
• Experience with standard BI Tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.)
• Expert user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) in order to prepare all documents, presentations, tables, briefings, and worksheets. Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with the PlayStation Network
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.