Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
We are looking for an experienced operations and support engineer with excellent troubleshooting skills to join our growing team in the Global Service Operations organization. The mission of this group is to provide 24/7 operational support of the Sony Network Platform and to manage all inbound support requests to the team while working with internal and external teams to drive issues to resolution within defined SLAs.
• Development of Operational tools and monitoring.
• Provide operational support for PlayStation Network platform by collaborating with international Sony groups, external parties, to provide application support and fulfill service requests.
• Investigate, solve, and triage complex production software, applications, service issues and misuse.
• Identify and raise issues or root causes of systemic issues; lead, facilitate or participate in timely resolution.
• Build and maintain comprehensive support and process documentation.
• Conduct performance monitoring on various systems and applications; utilize and develop tools to improve support processes.
• Work with peers and complete daily tasks and address production issues.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• 2+ years of systems administration and/or software development experience.
• Exceptional written and spoken communication skills and the ability to remain calm, composed, and customer-focused.
• Programming experience in Java or C++ and/or strong scripting skills (Ruby, Bash, or Python) preferred
• Experience supporting web applications in Java, Tomcat stacks is preferred
• Experience with Observability tools - DataDog, Splunk, Catchpoint, Light Step, Imply, etc.
• Exposure to investigating, improving and fixing complex systems and applications on *nix platforms.
• Willing to support 24×7 production operations and participation in a periodic on-call rotation.
• Experience establishing processes and measuring results of those processes.
• Experience building scalable systems with very high levels of concurrency and transactions.
• Proficient in using command line tools to quickly triage and fix production issues then conduct root cause analysis.
• DevOps mentality with ample automation experience.
• Understanding of Service Operations and ITIL principles and processes.
• Exposure to public cloud services and deployment in AWS including EC2, EKS, CloudFormation, Code Pipeline, and Lambda is preferred
• BS degree and/or 2+ years relevant work experience, including in a high-volume or critical production service environment as well as experience leading short projects.
• Experience in EKS & K8.
• Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Good understanding of software development processes and quality assurance processes.
• Experience in developing cross-platform code.
• Experience with Java Application Servers/Containers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ykzm-3-239-118-166-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.