The applicant will be accountable for assuring the software quality of SIE's internal and customer-facing applications using manual and scripted testing techniques. Duties include solving problems and resolving test code, test environment issues, as well as working with test management, bug tracking, source control, database, requirements management, and other tools.
In the course of performing this function, the individual relies on his or her extensive background in software development, QA activities, system integration, manual testing, script automation, frameworks, and associated organizational processes.
The Software QA Engineer is a member of the Systems Integration End to End testing team, works with the Manager of Quality Assurance.
• Perform both ''black box'' and ''white box'' testing by analyzing applications and requirements and crafting and executing test cases.
• Integrate, support, use and maintain bug tracking systems such as JIRA. Source control tools such as GitHub. Test case management applications such as qTest
• Work with QA team members, software developers and system and database administrators to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc
• Minimum of 5 years experience performing manual and automated software testing.
• Minimum of 1 year experience automating in a Java, Selenium framework
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field
• Minimum of 2 years experience in applications and multi-system Integration end-to-end testing
• Extensive experience and knowledge of Relational Databases
• Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SAFe, Scrum
• Ability to work constructively with developers, QA, IT, and Project managers towards a common goal
• A great teammate who does not need extensive supervision!
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Experience working with large-scale project repository of test cases and defects
• Experience with programming and scripting languages such as: Selenium, JAVA
• Experience in composing and running SQL queries
• Experience with JIRA for Agile practices
• Experience with Splunk, JSON, XML
• Experience testing APIs, web services
• Experience testing on PS4, PS5, or other game, console-based client devices
• Experience with CMS systems is a plus
• Experience with web application servers such as Tomcat, and Web servers like Apache
• Experience using JIRA for bug tracking, resolving issues
• Experience using QA Symphony's qTest for detailing and running test cases
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkze7-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.