Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
The Payments platform team supports a payment volume of double digit $$billion(s) globally and we are just getting started. We are re-inventing our payments platform to provide a seamless gaming and monetization experience in an industry that is seeing dramatic growth and innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who can own several key areas of our platform to help define an engineering vision and build this future state. You should have a strong technical ability, demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire your team to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment. You have previously built and led strong teams of hardworking engineers and you enjoy working with exceptional people. You will be responsible for your services and be able to make tough product decisions that balance contending priorities.
• Leading, coaching, mentoring and encouraging a dedicated team of software engineers to architect, build, deploy and support best-in-class software services that are always available to provide the best gaming experience for our customers.
• Lead multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
• Build and develop a high energy, committed, motivated engineering team focusing on engineering and operational excellence to deliver awesome business results.
• Collaborate across business units and product teams to develop and execute against the team's vision, strategy, and roadmap.
• Use technical expertise and industry trends to influence software development standard methodologies.
• Handle day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
• Consistent track record of building and leading high performing engineering teams
• Breadth and depth of experience building and running complex software systems and highly scalable/available software
• 10+ years of experience in software development
• 5+ years as a Development Manager
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Confirmed ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
• BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with micro service architecture.
• Experience in deploying, operating, and running services in AWS or other cloud environment.
• Experience building high performance, active-active, linearly scalable production services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, or C++, Web Services, REST, SQL/NoSQL data layers)
• Experience with Linux experience (RHEL or CentOS preferred)
• Strong object-oriented design and code review skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.