Data Engineering Manager
San Diego, CA
Do you have strong technical abilities, outstanding communication skills and can be an inspiration to your team to achieve outstanding results? We are looking for an experienced Data Engineering Manager to lead the development and operations for our real time data analytic platform that will be used for our next generation console, PlayStation 5!
• Lead, coach, mentor and inspire a dedicated team of Software engineers to architect, build, deploy and support software for our Real Time Data Analytics Platform.
• Lead multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
• Build and develop a high energy, committed, motivated engineering team focusing on engineering and operational excellence to deliver awesome business results.
• Collaborate across business units and product teams to develop and execute against the team's vision, strategy, and roadmap.
• Lead day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
• Collaborate with team members from offices in the US, UK, Japan, and India
• You have built and led high performing engineering teams
• You are experienced in building and running complex software systems and highly scalable/available software
• 5+ years as a Development Manager
• You have a strong background in data analytics concepts and technologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
• BS in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with big data analytics and visualization. Experience with Imply preferred
• Experience with OLAP/MOLAP database technologies such as Apache Druid, Pinot, Clickhouse
• Experience in real time data streaming technologies, such as Kafka, Kinesis
• Experience in deploying, operating, and managing services in AWS or other cloud environment.
• Experience with container technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8w42-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.