Sony Interactive Entertainment
Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Development Manager to handle the day-to-day management duties of a Software Engineering team developing content supply chain and data pipeline infrastructure. You will be responsible for creating a highly productive engineering environment both through automation and the removal of barriers to your team's efficiency while also making sure your team is growing both in size and in their skillsets.
• Overall management and mentorship of a hardworking development team of both senior and junior level engineers.
• Build and develop a high-energy, committed, motivated engineering team focusing on engineering and operational excellence to deliver awesome business results.
• Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
• Lead multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
• Participate in technical communication within the team and to other groups associated with specified projects to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• Collaborate across business units and product teams to develop and execute against the team's vision, strategy, and roadmap.
• Experience with agile development practices emphasizing on continuous improvement.
• Solid leadership skills and a passion for building large scale consumer experiences.
• Comfort with proactively and independently driving for results in small team environments.
• Overall 6+ years of software development experience with exposure to leading the team.
• Prior experience in open source technologies, such as Java, Kafka, Spark, Hibernate, Spring, MySQL etc., is a strong plus.
• Prior experience in building, deploying, and managing systems in Amazon Web Services.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
• Major in computer science, math, or equivalent technical disciplines.
• Proven ability to manage, mentor and motivate teams.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkez0-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.