The Shared Services Development Team works on providing core shared capabilities that are used across the Network Platform. This includes java based micro-services that provide platform configuration data, coupon and voucher generation capabilities as well as shared libraries dealing with data abstraction and event publishing.
The Software Engineer II is responsible for design and implementation of interactive web-based services and shared common libraries. In this role you will be creating and maintaining Java code and provide component level designs for the Sony PlayStation Network platform. Duties include:
• As a member of the development team, design and develop high performance, scalable REST based micro-services and Java based shared libraries.
• Perform in-depth analysis of functional or business requirements.
• Use agile development methodologies, provide time/resource estimates
• Use AWS managed services during service development
• Prepare and execute unit and integration tests.
• Participate in code reviews.
• May perform small feature design.
• Analyze operational requirements and configure monitoring capabilities for services.
• Support onboarding of clients to the services owned by the team
• Participate in on-call rotations
• Perform work assigned by others.
• BS degree in computer science or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience in software development and Java programming
• Experience developing web services using REST, JSON and XML
• Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
• Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
• Experience with SQL and working with relational databases
• Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems in a team environment
• Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
• Experience with NoSQL databases
• Experience with AWS managed services (DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, Step Functions)
• A drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members!
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
• AWS knowledge/experience
• Experience with agile development methodologies and test-driven development processes
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xobv-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.