Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Do you have strong technical abilities, excellent communication skills and can be an inspiration to your team to achieve extraordinary results?
This is an exciting role demanding a strong background in software engineering, build automation, continuous integration and collaboration.
We are part of the Engineering Effectiveness organization, which provides the tools and processes that enable development teams within our Experience Technology Group to do their job: building incredible experiences for our customers!
Our team owns the reliability, scalability and performance of infrastructure and systems that power these tools and processes, ranging from basic AWS services to more elaborate systems like Kubernetes. We are also responsible for our CI/CD infrastructure that consists primarily of Jenkins.
We are looking for a technically strong engineer with experience building and operating production systems. We believe passion and personality matter! As such, we need technical innovators that can move the business forward both technically and culturally.
• Enable our infrastructure to achieve a high level of reliability while keeping simplicity front and centre
• Champion and build automation first within the infrastructure group
• Build tools that streamline development and deployment of infrastructure stacks
• Initiate deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams, and ensure that we are building the right systems and keeping the quality high
• Build and scale our monitoring and metrics tooling, standards, and processes, to facilitate data-informed decision making
• Optimize the utilization of cloud resources to balance performance and cost
• Collaborate with team members from PlayStation offices around the world
• You are experienced in building and managing sophisticated and highly scalable/available systems
• You have experience in deploying, operating, and managing customer-facing services in AWS or other cloud platforms
• You champion configuration and infrastructure as code, strong automation first mentality
• You have extensive experience with continuous integration tools (preferably Jenkins), and have personally managed CI/CD pipelines
• You have knowledge of time series metric databases (e.g. Prometheus, InfluxDB), data analytics and visualization (e.g. Grafana, Kibana)
• You are familiar with software engineering methodologies and bring a well-adapted approach to testing and driving reductions in technical debt
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• You are able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw969k-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.