Software Engineer ( Front End) Contract
Software Engineer (Front End)- CONTRACT
NO THIRD PARTIES-CORP-to-CORP
Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for an experienced and passionate engineer to join our established, team in Waterloo, Ontario. We apply web technologies to the core user experience on PlayStation®4, and PlayStation®5 which millions of customers around the world interact with daily. The ideal candidate will come from an object oriented development background and be enthusiastic about front end web technologies.
We employ Agile methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of high quality applications for our customers. This is an opportunity to be part of one of the world's most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation Engineering teams in California, Japan, and Europe!
• Contribute to existing common software components to benefit other client applications and develop new ones as you recognize the need for them
• Produce thorough design and development documentation
• Work with limited supervision on ambitious projects and respond to constantly evolving requirements
• As an experienced engineer, responsibilities include:
• Tutoring and coaching junior Engineers within the development team
• Contributing to principles and practices that affect how the engineering organization operates
• Identifying domain dependencies and critical paths, anticipating risks, and providing contingent solutions and timelines.
• Working on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, 5+ years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
• At least 5 years of industry experience in a software development role
• Proficient with multiple single page application (SPA) architectures and frameworks
• Highly experienced in developing eCommerce applications. Proficient in technologies, initiatives, and terminology related to payment handling.
• Experience analyzing and visualizing massive sets of telemetry and performance data
• Experience in performance tuning network connected applications
• Experience architecting, developing, shipping and supporting consumer facing, web applications
• Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative
• Passionate about quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well
• Familiarity with:
• Restful API's
• Customer-facing UI Development
• Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9305m-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.