Software Engineer - Build/Release (full-time and contract opportunities available)
Do you have passion for identifying tedious manual processes and designing a way to automate them? Do you enjoy tinkering with the latest tools and frameworks to learn how they can be used to improve existing systems?
We are seeking a candidate to join our Engineering Effectiveness organization, which provides the tools and processes that enable development teams within our Experience Technology Group to do their job: building incredible experiences for millions of PlayStation players!
Our team is responsible for the CI/CD infrastructure and pipelines across all of our frontend development teams on all platforms, on-console (PlayStation 4/5) and off-console (mobile/PC). We have a variety of roles available on our team, with the opportunity to work in different verticals at the intersection of platform technologies and cloud infrastructure. You'll be building tools and libraries, integrating many different pipelines and technologies to enable our development teams to ship quickly and reliably.
• Design, build, and maintain the core CI/CD tooling used by all of our client development teams
• Streamline deployments for multiple projects across different software branches and sandbox environments
• Work with our existing build scripts, implementing performance improvements and experimenting with new technologies
• Configure and maintain CI/CD and testing infrastructure
• Optimizing build times to improve build efficiency for multiple teams
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience with Jenkins and Groovy scripting
• Ability to write, integrate, and maintain pipelines for CI/CD
• Ability to design and implement modular and easily extensible solutions
• Strong understanding of software engineering methodologies and bring a well-adapted approach to testing and driving reductions in technical debt
• Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Development experience on mobile platforms (iOS/Android) and/or Windows
• Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
• Experience using Docker and Kubernetes
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d813q6-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.