Software Development Engineer in Test
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Aliso Viejo, CA
Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract)
Aliso Viejo, CA
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both teamwork and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers.
• Create Test Plan, Test Cases and Execute them to ensure the quality of new features
• Passionate about Quality and strives to improve process, proposes best practices and drives their usage within the teams.
• Partners with developers to ensure test coverage and builds test plans that help deliver high quality features
• Develop and implement standard methodologies for in-house automation, continuous build and deploy, automated testing, multi-functional end-to-end testing, including device testing, and performance testing.
• Automate tests for applications on the PlayStation console
• Set up test frameworks, and help teams set up automation infrastructure
• Work with console developers to ensure that all features and bug fixes come with automated test coverage
• Collaborate with distributed teams for cross functional automation design and development.
• Maintain and improve existing Python based automation framework
• Report, track and verify defects
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
• 3+ years of experience in building and executing test plans and test cases.
• 5+ years or equivalent experience in advanced UI automation for web/mobile applications
• Shown experience writing automated tests in Python. Java Script or any other Programming Language
• Practical experience using development and deployment tools: Git, Jenkins, Docker
• Experience with Selenium or Appium
• knowledge and experience testing APIs and Service Oriented architecture
• Experience with at least one modern web application framework, preferably React
• Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro35xp-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.