It is an exciting time to be part of SIE's Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team! SREs operate right at the intersection of Software Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering. The SRE team strives to make the Platform a highly reliable, scalable, operable and secure product and service.
Within SIE's Platform Hosting Engineering group, the Infrastructure, Security, Identity & Compliance team is a tight-knit group of SREs that develop the core infrastructure foundation of the PlayStation Network. The team develops Infrastructure as Code (IaC) services and works closely with developers, operations teams, security teams, and leadership to ensure the integrity of the platform.
• Customer and peer relationship focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Equally adept at software development and systems engineering/operations
• Expert level experience at building, deploying and operating services at scale with a security mindset
• Hands on experience in working with distributed systems and 'illities'' (availability, reliability, scalability, etc.) of the services
• Excellent troubleshooting skills that span code, system, and network with a methodical and systematic problem-solving approach
• Execution oriented and results driven with the ability to learn new skills/technologies quickly and independently
• Demonstrated experience following software engineering best-practices
• In-depth understanding of Unix/Linux systems internals and networking
• Solid grounding in information security principles
• Experience with automation and configuration management tools
• Experience in public cloud services and deployment (AWS experience preferred)
• Strong software development experience in one of these languages: Go, Perl, Python or Java (Python preferred)
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle with experience integrating Open Source tools
• Experienced user of one or more source code management tools (Git preferred)
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar
• Experience in developing tools for system configuration, deployment, and monitoring
• Experience with building and maintaining secure base images (build, lifecycle) and containers
• In-depth knowledge of IAM concepts and experience managing and automating user access systems including Active Directory, LDAP, and AWS IAM
• Strong belief in driving operational excellence with owning efficiency and automation at the core of operations
• Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
• Experience operating in regulated environments such as PCI and SOX
• Technical certifications or other demonstrations of passion in security and technology (e.g., CISSP, AWS Associate, open source projects, or equivalent)
• Develop internal tools and services the SRE team is responsible for
• Build, deploy and operate a combination of open source, custom written, and vendor provided software to support the PlayStation Network platform infrastructure
• Keep abreast of new AWS security features, advisories, alerts, trends, and practices
• Help develop and enforce cloud security standards in AWS including IAM policies, S3 bucket policies, etc.
• Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure 24/7/365 availability of the tools and services delivered by the team
• BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 7-10 years professional experience at scale
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvo66j-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.