Senior UI Artist
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior UI Artist who will contribute to the artistic vision and development of AAA products with a specialized focus on creating user interface designs and assets utilizing a combination of traditional graphic design and technical art skills.
• Creating UI Designs and Concepts that drive the artistic goals and design vision through all phases of the game development cycle. This entails creating concepts for UI assets that are of the highest artistic quality, uphold the integrity of the games design and artistic vision of the game, as a whole.
• Responsible for the art, design, and implementation of following user interface components: Front end menus and screens, in-game HUD (heads up display) elements, Various graphic images for mapping and compositing and other design elements used in game and during cinematics, etc.
• Working directly with designers to solve layout and usability issues.
• Working directly with engineering to solve interface technical and implementation issues, while adhering to their technical guidelines.
• Collaborating with the Art and Creative Directors to develop a visual style and language that enhances the gameplay and user experience.
• May need to assist with other art assets as needed, like 2D textures, marketing materials, etc.
• Independently undertaking research and information gathering prior to the commencement of a new task to ensure game design needs, reference materials, artistic direction, and technological considerations are effectively managed to meet defined goals.
• Actively advancing skill set and abilities, keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods
• At least 6-8 years of game art production, TV, or film related experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Preferred 8+ years of game art production with credit on multiple shipped AAA titles
• Advanced working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Unreal or other similar game engine
• Demonstrated interface animation skills using Flash, After Effects, Max, or Maya
• Demonstrated familiarity with interface styles and designs in current generation console games, DVD interfaces, and websites.
• Solid understanding of UI scripting and state machines
• Some modeling and texturing skills using 3ds Max, or Maya is a plus
• Excellent data management skills, with the ability to manage and track large amounts of data as they go through the UI pipeline, with attention to naming conventions, directory structures, and other processes.
• Portfolio demonstrating hands-on graphic and visual design work from shipped AAA console games, websites, or other interactive software.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d221x5-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.