Senior Texture Artist
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Texture Artist who will be responsible for creating Materials and Textures and defining processes that assist in all areas of texture creation. This person will be working closely with the Environment, Props, Shading and Character Teams.
• Works closely with leads and art teams to create high fidelity texture maps for production assets that are also performant.
• Create and maintain texture graphs and materials via Substance Designer
• Help build and maintain the studio's Substance library.
• Strong Understanding of PBR rendering and materials.
• Develop Smart materials to aid artists in packages such as Substance Painter
• Excellent grasp of strict environment art texel allocation and uv mapping.
• Work with the Art Manager and Production department to deliver time estimates for texture/ material creation.
• Occasionally create 3D models and UVs (high/low poly models)
• Create documentation, communicate requirements, and provide feedback to internal artists and outsourcing partners.
• 3+ years' experience as a professional Texture artist in AAA games.
• Portfolio of realistic, high quality game ready textures.
• Examples of procedural textures used on props and environments.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize work.
• Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
• Strong leadership, mentoring and teaching abilities.
• Proficiency in Substance Designer, Substance Painter and Photoshop.
• Shader creation experience.
• Mari texturing experience.
• Worked as a character or prop modeler on a previous project.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71689-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.