Senior Program Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Francisco, CA
Senior Technical Program Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
Do you have a passion for coordinating complex projects and building large scale database systems that affect millions of gamers ?
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will put your abilities to work building out and improving a multi petabyte data platform working with diverse team members and partner teams.
You have shown solid leadership, leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. You will use industry standard methodologies for scheduling, tracking and execution of our projects as well as initiating, planning, and executing intermediate-to-large cross team or company-wide programs.
You have proficient oral and written skills and are able to collaborate with a diverse group of people that have a broad range of technical skills. You can execute and deliver successfully in situations with implicit authority. Interaction and leadership across functional lines is critical.
• Work with software developers to schedule development, write functional specifications, and drive decision-making to build performant, stable systems.
• Act as overall lead in driving technical discussions and solutions to business and/or customer requirements.
• You will lead all phases of the software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, and deployment, while collaborating with other internal teams and groups.
• You will participate in initial requirements review and analysis to assess technical complexity to identify and resolve dependencies.
• You will provide ongoing visibility into the progress, risks, schedules, and timelines of the features in development.
• You will develop and manage end-to-end implementations toward technical standards as well as expected delivery dates.
• Break down features into phases
• Manage various engineering workstreams as a unified team
• 5+ years of Program Management and Project Management experience with high-volume online user experiences.
• Experience with agile methodologies, including experience with scrum master and product owner roles.
• Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills
• Prior experience as a software developer or tester
• Ability to manage a feature through the development and release cycle
• BA/BS/BSE in computer science, math, or equivalent experience
• Solid leadership skills and a passion for building world class consumer experiences.
• Keen eye for detail and managing multiple dependencies.
• Strong sense of ownership.
• Skills which encompass communicating to executives, product managers, software engineers, and project managers
• Previous experience managing a large-scale platform with many different customer personas
• Strong ability to quickly prioritize out-of-cadence requests/bugs
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where you need to quickly adjust to shifting priorities
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.