Senior FX Artist
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Senior Technical Artist (Animation)
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Artist who will be responsible for character and animation tool and pipelines. This person will be working closely with the Characters, Props, Vehicles and Animation teams.
• Develop and maintain character and animation tools.
• Support character rigs and skeletons that meet the technical limitations of game engines while ensuring the characters movements look as realistic as possible.
• Author realistic deformation for faces, bodies, and clothes, including the creation of tools and scripts to assist in completing these tasks quickly and efficiently during production.
• Collaborate with animation team to improve workflows.
• 5+ years of production experience in Games, Feature Film, Animation or VFX.
• Expert understanding of Python.
• Expert understanding of Maya.
• Extensive portfolio with examples of current, hands-on work, including human, creature, and animal rigs. Examples of cinematic quality face rigs.
• Multiple examples of tools and scripts to assist in the creation of character rigging assets.
• Some previous or next-gen video game platform experience is desirable (e.g. PS4, Xbox-One.)
• Experience with animation retargeting
• Knowledge of Maya API.
• Understanding of C++.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vkv9-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.