Senior Staff Engine Programmer
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Staff Systems and Engine Programmer to contribute to our development process. This position specializes in the architecture, implementation, maintenance, and optimization of core engine and game systems.
• Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project.
• Optimization of Engine and Game Systems to take full advantage of target hardware and architecture.
• Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project's technical requirements.
• Identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
• Participate in development, optimization, and debugging of low-level systems like streaming, serialization, and memory management.
• Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
• Supervise and mentor junior or mid-level programmers as required.
• Help the Technical Director and Lead Programmer to develop task roadmaps and estimate task schedules.
• Minimum 5 years industry experience or related experience.
• One or more published titles.
• Degree in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
• Excellent C/C++ skills.
• Excellent understanding of 3D math.
• Experience and demonstrated knowledge of multi-processor programming, memory management, and optimization of games for memory and performance.
• Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkz4q-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.