Senior / Staff Data Scientist (Strategic Insights)
San Mateo, CA
Execute advanced analytics and statistical modeling projects related to platform engagement, customer segmentation and buying behavior analysis, customer retention analysis, e-commerce store management and performance, etc.
• Utilize linear/logistic regression, as well as decision trees, propensity score matching, and clustering to study customer behavior
• Independently extract and integrate data from multiple data systems (including writing complex SQL queries) to support analytical efforts.
• Develop understanding of a la carte and subscription-based business models.
• Provide detailed monthly and quarterly financial overviews to management. Participate and support in delivering results and presentations to clients
• Provide thought-leadership in ongoing financial measurement and analysis of SIE's services. Identify new ideas and opportunities for analytic projects
• Knowledge of the gaming industry and relevant gaming titles
• 5+ years of advanced SQL programming skills required
• 5+ years demonstrated experience using statistical packages (R or Python) for model development
• Business model development and forecasting abilities
• Minimum 4 years of proven experience in a business intelligence role, marketing analysis, business and/or financial management tasks for commercial organizations, preferably within the e-commerce space
• Master's Degree or Ph.D. in Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, or Engineering preferred. BA/BS Degree (Mathematics, Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science) is a minimum requirement
• In-depth understanding and experience using supervised and non-supervised learning techniques such as linear/logistic regression, clustering, decision trees, association analysis. Proficient in model validation techniques including cross validation, bootstrapping, and out-of-sample testing
• Experience with standard BI Tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.)
• Expert level skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) in order to prepare all documents, presentations, tables, briefings, and worksheets. Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with the PlayStation Network
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3p98-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.