Senior FX Artist
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Senior Staff Animator (Gameplay)
Sony Bend Studio, world-class creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our hardworking and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
Living in Bend, Oregon means saying goodbye to gridlock, concrete, and pollution. Use your Extra Life to shred at Mt. Bachelor, drag a line in the Deschutes River, hike in the wild, or perfect your game. Plug into adventure and community at Bend Studio!
Senior Staff Animator - Gameplay
We're looking for a Senior Staff Animator to create and implement gameplay animations of the absolute highest quality. If you're creating the most complex, believable, human animations, and want to be part of the development of a AAA title for PS5, then we want you.
• Create high quality gameplay animation utilizing motion capture and key-framing techniques.
• Work with programmers and leads to develop game animation pipelines and processes.
• Collaborate with designers, engineers, and other animators to solve gameplay problems while maintaining artistic vision.
• Maintain the high quality expected of the studio, fostering the same level of quality in the other team members.
• Contribute to the creative process with original ideas and inspiration.
• Address feedback from the leads and directors in a timely manner, communicating time needed and understanding of the feedback given.
• Work with the Project Manager/Coordinator and Leads to understand, plan for, and convey project needs and scope of work.
• Mentor and train other members of the animation team.
• Work with Animation Supervisor to drive initiatives forward, leading small groups as a creative and organizational leader.
• Expert knowledge of Autodesk Maya, and animation and motion capture workflows.
• The ability to communicate effectively one-on-one with all team members and within group settings.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to break down tasks and assignments and prioritize them into workable pieces on a daily, weekly, and project length basis.
• Work independently and conscientiously with minimal supervision.
• At least 6 years of game art production or film related experience.
• One or two years of post-high school education or training.
• Passion for games and interest in game design.
• Experience working with a game engine, specifically regarding implementation of animation.
• Experience with Autodesk MotionBuilder
• Leadership experience in game development.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d229zy-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.