Senior Software QA Engineer – San Francisco
The Sr. QA Engineer will join our Engineering team, as part of our Experience Technology Group, at Sony Interactive Entertainment. You will lead quality engineering of customer-facing applications in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Plan and execute QA related activities; build test plan, test cases, and execute to ensure the quality of new features
• Review product requirements and technical design documents to understand how the feature works on the PlayStation console and create effective testing strategies
• Collaborate with distributed teams for multi-functional test plan design and execution
• Work with QA team members, software developers from multi-functional teams to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments
• Report, track and, verify defects
• Practical experience using source code control systems, especially Git
• Knowledge of development and deployment tools; Git, Jenkins etc
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and development processes
• 7+ years of proven experience in building and carrying out test plans and test cases
• Experience in a lead capacity, leading small to medium projects
• Extensive background in QA methodologies and experience developing and performing comprehensive test suites for system software
• Knowledge and experience testing APIs and microservices
• Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Work constructively with developers, QA, Design, and PMO towards a common goal
• Experience with automation using any programming language: Java, Python, etc
• Experience using source control (esp. Git) and CI/CD tools (Jenkins or Circle CI)
• Possess a drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and able to work with others at all levels
• Effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams
• Curiosity drives you to go beyond your immediate assignments and actively learn everything you can about the systems you support!
• You're not afraid to ask questions
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyw75q-34-230-9-187-42 in your application.