Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
This is a fast paced, high-visibility engineering position with SIE's payment platform engineering organization, focused on enhancements to Payments Tax, Data Orchestration, and other initiatives.
The position requires partnering across Product Management, Data Architects, Engineering, Hosting and Operations. The successful candidate will contribute to a highly performant data platform and associated services, applying industry standards and implementations to enable highly available, active-active, extensible data services for the SIE platform!
• BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years' experience in software development
• Experience with data definition and structure changes, data manipulation, data migration, data governance, data policies, data security and data integration with data warehouse and business intelligence.
• Experience delivering data solutions for high performance, active-active, scalable services.
• Track record monitoring and analyzing system performance, isolating issues or bottlenecks that could impact reliability, performance and scalability.
• Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL programming (Oracle, Cassandra, Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB or similar) including both relational database schema designs and schema-less systems.
• Hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services, at enterprise scale is required including familiarity with DynamoDB, Aurora, EC2, and other AWS services.
• Experience executing performance testing and/or development efforts for a complex, high throughput system.
• Solid understanding of the path(s) customer requests take from web browser to backend.
• Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and test-driven development processes required.
• Must possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1k6x-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.