Do you have a passion for utilizing data to make decisions? Do you relish in crafting engineering solutions that are used across a variety of platforms? Do you consider test automation an instrumental part of the development process? We are looking for a senior-level engineer to join our high-performance analytics team to build and support engineering and business analytics across the PlayStation ecosystem. We apply solutions and technologies to the core user experience on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, web, mobile, and beyond, with which millions of customers around the world interact daily.
We employ Agile methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of analytics for our partners. This position is an opportunity to join one of the world's most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation engineering teams across North America, Japan and Europe.
• Produce excellent design, development, testing, and documentation
• Challenge the status quo and propose innovative solutions to engineering and testing of our analytics solutions
• Consumers will be first priority, and ensuring our solutions are easy-to-use, thoroughly tested, scalable, and maintainable across platforms
• Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and respond to evolving requirements
• Contribute to existing and develop new common software components to benefit other SIE client applications
• Tutor and mentor junior Engineers within the Analytics Engineering team
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Experience leading the development and providing technical engineering vision of medium to large-sized applications
• Experience in performance tuning network-connected applications
• Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ambitious with an ability to take initiative
• Passionate about quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well
• C++ or object-oriented programming
• Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
• Experience with Git
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo54k-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.