PSN is an innovative and fast paced workplace where we focus every day to delight our customers. Are you passionate about logging and enterprise monitoring? Are you excited at the prospect of working for Play Station Network?
We are looking for a passionate, highly skilled, and motivated individual to join our Site Reliability Tools (SRT) team building next generation monitoring and site analytics capability in AWS. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for, building and managing an enterprise level End-to-End Logging solution for SIE.
You will participate in system design in the full life-cycle; from concept, data ingestion, data governance application decomposition and the creation of dashboards. As a domain expert for this log data analytics and visualization platform, you will follow to develop and implement solutions.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments while also working independently on other tasks with a focus on managing continuous improvement of service engineering, delivery, and operational practices. You will participate in the design, logic and flow-charting, data ingestion, data governance, visualization development, testing, debugging, documentation and support of our Logging infrastructure. Provide analysis of problems and recommend solutions and assist in the continuous improvement.
• Architect, design, deploy and support a combination of open source, custom written and vendor provided software to provide log aggregation and analysis capabilities across SIE platform.
• Implement and maintain Enterprise solutions for Logging in public cloud.
• Collaborate with Software Engineering Teams to integrate Logging tools across the entire platform.
• Work with key stakeholders on developing use cases and knowledge objects implement in the platform.
• Build automation to improve day-to-day operations towards self-service capabilities for onboarding new services into the logging pipeline.
• Troubleshoot and solve complex issues/incidents and provide RCAs.
• Create technical documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs.
• Advanced knowledge and 5+ years' experience on Splunk architecture. Splunk administration and/or architecture certification are highly desirable.
• Strong on Splunk SPL. Able to build optimize queries in Splunk.
• Strong hands-on experience in building and maintaining large-scale Splunk infrastructure for microservices which includes Indexers/Search Heads clustering, Workload Management, Splunk SmartStore, and dashboard/general searching query optimization.
• Strong experience deploying and supporting logging pipeline through tools such as Python, Ansible, Jenkins, AWS technology automation or similar
• Strong software development experience in one of these languages: Go, Perl, Python or Java
• Demonstrated experience following software engineering best-practices
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle with experience integrating Open-Source tools
• Experience with automation and configuration management tools
• Strong experience in public cloud services and deployment in AWS including EC2, EKS, CloudFormation, Code Pipeline, and Lambda.
• Familiar with backend data collection tools such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis, and AWS CloudWatch.
• Strong ability to solve complex issues from system resources to application stack traces.
• Excellent communication skill, both verbal and written.
• Experience with different operating systems such as Windows, RedHat, CentOS, Amazon Linux
• Experience with data stream processing is a plus.
• Methodical and systematic problem-solving approach.
• Strong sense of ownership of End-to-End solutions.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and learn new skills/technologies quickly and independently!
• OBSESSIVE desire to automate and improve everything including process improvements, standardizing tools and technologies!
• BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8397-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.