IT Support Specialist
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Remote / Virtual
Senior Security Content Engineer
San Diego, CA
The Senior Security Content Engineer is a member of the Security Operations Code and Tools team at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE). The main responsibility is to support Security Monitoring and Alerting which includes maximizing visibility for the SOC and SIRT. The Engineer will also support the deployment of new security technologies that will enhance the overall security visibility of SIE! This role is highly technical and requires a solid understanding of security principles and how they to apply them to an enterprise environment.
• Work closely with SOC and SIRT to develop SIEM content
• Understanding and implementing governance, risk and compliance requirements
• Thoroughly document technical designs and processes
• Take initiative in identifying gaps and creating plans for remediation
• Be a technical escalation point for other members of the team
• Deliver training to the team on new security related topics
• Participates in an on-call rotation for 24x7 support of SIEM
• Make sound reasonable decisions on complex technical security questions
• Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent industry experience (8+ years)
• Have extensive experience in security implementation in Cloud environments.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the latest attack methods and mitigation strategies
• Expert Linux/Unix OS and Windows administration knowledge
• Solid knowledge implementing security in a DevOps pipeline.
• Demonstrate experience in automation through scripting
• Excellent independent problem solving experience
• Strong knowledge Scripting (Python, shell scripting)
• Proficiency with Splunk
• Industry recognized professional certification such as CISSP, GWAP, AWS Solutions Architect
• Past experience of creating security policies and procedures
• Direct senior level experience with security infrastructure engineering in hosted environments
• Seniority experience in securing cloud-based environments.
• Familiarity with Splunk Enterprise Security
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.