Senior Program Manager
San Francisco, CA
You will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. You are expected to partner with the worldwide Sony Engineering and Product organization to lead, handle, and drive forward software projects. The responsibilities listed are not all-inclusive and additional duties may be assigned
• You will collaborate with staff and management of multiple worldwide business units and outside 3rd parties to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
• You will handle the project timeline, task assignments, and leading schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
• You will contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the extended Program Management group.
• You will handle portfolio management experience at enterprise level
• You will apply your knowledge for improvement of existing PMO process
• 5+ years' experience as a Program/Project Manager
• 2-3 years of experience in the streaming, gaming, music, digital media, network service industry
• Previous experience utilizing Agile methodologies and principles
• Solid understanding of programming languages, software development, and release processes
• Proficiency with tools in Agile development (Rally, Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc.)
• Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively
• Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions.
• Strong presentation skills across all levels of internal and external partners
• Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management. (Preferably global experience with diverse cultures)
• Previous experience in an E-Commerce environment
• Experience with digital advertising and optimization
• SAFE knowledge (www.scaledagileframework.com)
• Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony's products, services, and devices
• Japanese language skills useful