Senior Network Programmer
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Network Programmer to contribute to our development process on a AAA game. This position specializes in specific areas of programming that centers around the support of low-level network issues (ex: TCP, UDP, etc.), multiplayer engine design/architecture, PSN platform services, digital rights management, patching and digital commerce.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the game's design to manage communication and enable early identification of issues.
• Collaborate with the production team to develop aspects of the specified game-play experience from a technical perspective.
• Provide input and/or develop the technical design and vision through all phases of the game development cycle, from pre-production through final product release.
• Maintain a clear understanding of personal task lists and project milestones to ensure set goals will be met from a scope, schedule or game-play perspective.
• Clearly communicate updates and concerns to managers.
• Manage requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
• Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry in specialized area of personal expertise.
• Professional experience within the game industry.
• Professional experience in network/systems programming using C/C++.
• Would consider C# or Java alternatively.
• Network architecture and low-level network protocols (ex: TCP, UDP, rUDP, etc.).
• Strong 3D Math skills.
• Strong C/C++ experience.
• Strong understanding of current data structures, algorithms and methodologies.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Game console experience.
• S. in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
• Network game development for game consoles and/or Network client application programming for embedded, desktop or mobile environments.
• Data security with untrusted clients, bandwidth optimization and packet shaping, load balancing and/or host selection in a dynamic environment.
• Security and authentication techniques like DRM, SSL/crypto, etc.
• Research new hardware platforms and related APIs.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88786-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.