Senior Media Planner (Software Partnerships)
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Media Planner, Software Partnerships will lead media planning, execution and reporting for a portfolio of top tier global gaming brands and partnerships. In this role you will contribute to our global marketing team by turning media strategies into concrete tactical media plans that deliver brand metrics and profitable performance media campaigns.
This role requires a high degree of cross functional collaboration with internal teams, gaming publishers, and external agencies. You will partner with our global Media Strategy, Marketing Technology, media agency & in-house Performance activation teams to buy media in alignment with established media strategies that deliver on marketing objectives on a global scale.
This person will use analytical and analytical skills to understand our customer targets to create efficient, high impact media programs. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
What you'll be doing:
• Lead the development of innovative integrated campaigns designed to drive brand awareness, new customer acquisition, and revenue.
• Partner closely with our Media team including Strategy, Technology and Performance, to ensure that tactical media plans fully embody media strategies, and that across fixed and fluid media channels audiences and objectives are planned holistically.
• Direct third-party agency teams. Serve as the main point of contact for agencies' questions.
• Be the trusted Point of Contact for assigned campaigns by working with local market brand managers and media managers by engaging on all media planning needs surrounding timing, tactics, and execution.
• Collaborate with local markets on the development of large, global media partnerships.
• Ensure all local partner marketing campaigns are reviewed and align with PlayStation's expectations for co-marketing media.
• Work with media agency and local territories to provide global brand lead with regional paid media asset requirements.
• Ensure that media channels including digital, television, search, and social are in-market on time, ladder up to the media strategy and reach our target audience.
• Work closely with regional partner marketing managers to improve and iterate on media partnerships over time.
• Lead the measurement and analysis of media campaign performance in collaboration with media agency teams to ensure campaign optimization is happening in an ongoing basis and aligned with campaign metrics.
• Stay abreast of the latest digital marketing trends and test new strategies that may improve campaign performance.
• Provide ongoing media education within marketing organization.
• Deliver media plans on time, on budget, against agreed upon critical metrics.
• Build a culture of accountability around campaign performance and optimization.
• Promote innovation by exploring new solutions that drive business impact.
• Assist senior management in understanding media performance and issues.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Develop media plans aligned with agreed upon strategy that will achieve on objectives.
• Ability to keep a broad base of partners aligned during campaign planning and execution, evaluate success of the media campaign, and pro-actively suggest optimizations.
• Design and build innovative campaigns in partnership with all key constituencies.
• Ensure planning achievements are accomplished on time by motivating teams across multiple functions to provide input and adhere to process deliverables deadlines.
• Ability to find opportunities for operational improvement and steward the implementation of new ways of working.
What we're looking for:
• 8+ years media experience, in-house or agency side
• Specialist on media landscape, platforms, and emerging opportunities
• Successful track record of working at or managing paid media agencies
• Hands-on executional experience with planning and leading large-scale advertising campaigns
• In-depth knowledge of media planning fundamentals e.g., reach, frequency, formats, etc.
• Proven track record handling high campaign volume, large budgets, complex strategies, and driving quantifiable results
• Ability to project lead a diverse group of local and global partners
• Strong understanding of digital marketing reporting metrics
• Excellent quantitative skills. Exceptional with Excel. Ability to gather, report on and interpret data to advise optimization and future decisions.
• Experience with web analytic tools (Adobe); skilled in DMP management
• Advanced presentation and PowerPoint skills; ability to present to upper-management clearly and concisely
• Proficient at managing processes of an internal team, including: running meetings, collaboration, and follow up on detailed action items
• Ability to adapt quickly to change
• Global acumen: international experience and working knowledge of central/local organizations
Candidate Preferred Qualities:
• Bachelor's degree, MBA and/or equivalent experience preferred
• Forward-thinking leader with the ability to clearly define, implement, and handle scalable sustainable processes for growing team!
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and maintain strong attention to detail
• Articulate complex technology-related issues and educating ranges of audiences
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-function teams positively
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
• Self-starter with sense of humor, passion, energy, enthusiasm to get results and affect meaningful change!
• Strong interest in video games and entertainment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vpz5-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.