Audience Activation Analyst
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA
TItle: Senior Marketing Infrastructure Analyst
Location: San Mateo
This position is an analyst on SIE Marketing's Audience, Infrastructure, and Measurement (AIM) team. Our ideal candidate will play a vital role in crafting and evolving the way that we connect with our consumers. On the AIM team we have a wide range of skill sets from SQL experts and audience strategists to attribution modeling. While we have clear areas of expertise, every member has the opportunity to learn and grow new skills outside of their specialty by contributing to all areas of AIM.
Are you passionate about implementing and maintaining new marketing technology solutions that enable marketing automation, reporting, and activation? The Senior Infrastructure Analyst will further enable our global marketing organization to use our first party data to put the customer first in all of our marketing communications. This is a fantastic opportunity to act together as gaming and customer experience advocates, and show how PlayStation is truly the Best Place to Play!
• Lead the technical implementation of new marketing technologies and manage their operations
• Own 1st party ID graph and match rates
• Evangelize data knowledge and insights: handle communications with your partners and other teams both locally and globally, collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues to complete data projects and ensure all parties can use the insights to further improve
• Continually architect solutions that decrease time to market of data assets for reporting and activation
• Coordinate with various internal and external groups, such as QA, Product Marketing, 3rd Party Publisher Relations, PR, Product Development and Developer Support to accurately deploy content on time.
• Act as a key participant in ROI exercises with management to assess the value of technology and vendor investments
• Simplify sophisticated business problems and extract insights from large data sets
• Architect and develop analytical solutions that provide insights, not reports
• Proven ability to develop complex SQL queries, scripts, user defined functgd triggers for business logic implementation
• Proficient in normalization/de-normalization techniques for data analysis and optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments
• Participate in data strategy and road map exercises, business intelligence/data warehouse product selection, design and implementation
• At least 8years of hands-on experience in architecture, design or development of enterprise data solutions, applications, and integrations
• Ability to lead your own projects and work independently once given a direction
• Ability to write complex SQL, doing cohort analysis, comparative analysis, etc.
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python
• Advanced data visualization skills using any technology
• Experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards and solving business questions with data
• Expertise with business intelligence solutions, such as MicroStrategy and/or Tableau
• Ability to work directly with marketers, engineers and analysts when it comes to defining metrics, crafting solutions and providing insights
• Superb communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
• Demonstrable track record of data project management, thought leadership, and self-direction
• A passion for and the belief in the power of making data-driven decisions
• Passionate about gaming and video game culture
• Experienced with BI visualization tools such as Tableau or Microstrategy
• You are an analytical thinker who is data driven, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
• You thrive in a collaborative work environment and excel under pressure, with experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects
• You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to overcome challenges while maintaining a positive attitude and even a sense of humor
• You are willing to roll up your sleeves and take on whatever task is necessary
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.