IT Support Administrator
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Aliso Viejo, CA
Senior Hardware Engineer (ISP)
Aliso Viejo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a talented hardware engineer interested in pushing the limits of technology. As the leaders of Cloud Gaming, the Hardware & Systems Engineering team is responsible for the design of the server technology powering PlayStation Now and other SIE Cloud services.
As a Senior Hardware Engineer, you will develop new rack and server technology for use at data centers, ISP/telco data centers and network PoPs and assist with validation. With our mix of production and R&D projects, you will see challenging, fast-paced work every single day.
Our ideal engineer brings healthy creativity, a history of accomplishment and a desire to face unique new challenges.
• Define and create new PlayStation Cloud Computing server and rack designs
Your top-level work will center on contributing to architectural and design specifications and developing/validating hardware systems to meet those specifications. Your designs will include server, rack, power, cooling and interconnect.
• Work with suppliers and partners to realize success
You will define EVT, DVT and PVT success criteria and manage process for each stage. This includes participation in design process to offer creative solutions and remedies for issues. You will review all designs to meet product specifications and Sony/industry standards.
• Work with local and remote teams and suppliers to create product and services
You will provide design and delivery expertise to our Hardware and Systems Engineering team. You will create future products with internal Sony groups, external design firms and ODMs/OEMs. With internal and external resources; you will integrate and validate these products and create remedies to latent issues.
Qualifications and Skills
• BSc / MSc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
• Understanding of design considerations
• Thermal, mechanical and electrical design in a datacenter, ISP/telco datacenter or network PoP environment
• Fundamental understanding of the financial impact of your design decisions at scale
• Signal integrity and power integrity
• Working knowledge of electrical design
• Circuit and PCB design and prototyping
• Proficient with schematic capture and board layout software such as Cadence EDA
• Proficient with CAD tools such as AutoCAD/SolidWorks
• Working knowledge of global certification requirements and testing, including safety and EMC
• Hands-on coding experience with languages appropriate for prototyping, automation and test (e.g., Python, bash script, C/C++)
• Deep knowledge of server components, such as CPUs, SSDs, GPUs, networking and interconnect
• Strong communication skills (English written and verbal. Japanese or Mandarin a plus)
• 5-10 years of relevant work experience with electrical, system and rack-level design, through all stages of the development, manufacture and release cycles.
• Understanding of and experience with scaled supply chains, especially with server ODMs, OEMs or contract manufacturers.
• Experience designing hardware for ISP / telco data centers and network PoPs.
• Previous experience developing Rack Scale solutions with shared power such as OCP, ODCC, Open19.
• Prior experience with HPC / Cluster technologies including high-speed interconnect fabrics. PCIe 4 / 5 or GenZ a plus,
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88o16-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.