Senior Graphics Programmer
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Graphics Programmer to contribute to our development process on a AAA game. This position specializes in programming that centers around graphics functionality of the target platform and game engine.
• Key contributor to the development of technology of cutting edge, 3d rendering technology within the constraints of the target system and performance characteristics of the game engine. This includes, but not limited to, complex shader coding, lighting models, special effects, occlusion schemes utilizing the rendering architecture, particle systems, shadowing solutions etc.
• Maintaining a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the engine and tools pipeline to manage communication and enable early identification of issues to ensure issues pertaining to the production or use of the Graphics Pipeline are strategically managed.
• Maintaining a thorough knowledge of the games designs to manage the identification of graphics-led solutions to requested features. This could include, but is not limited to, use of complex shader tricks in achieving a specific visual effect, as requested by the art or design team.
• Collaborating with the development team to strategically manage and develop all aspects of the game-play experience from a technical perspective.
• Providing input into the technical design and the vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release. This entails ensuring products are of the highest technical quality and uphold the integrity of the games design.
• Independently undertaking research prior to the commencement of a new system or task to ensure implementation effectively meets defined goals.
• Managing the iterative improvement of the internal studio's engine and tools by maintaining foundational continuity.
• Clearly communicating updates and concerns to their manager.
• Managing requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
• Capable of resolving a range of highly complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members. This will include the ability to explain themselves in writing and using a variety of audio visual aids.
• Actively maintaining skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
• Minimum 3-5 years industry experience or related experience.
• One or more published titles considered a strength.
• S. in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
• Proven demonstration of graphics rendering techniques.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3ypo-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.