Senior FX Artist
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior FX Artist, who will work with the Art Director, VFX Supervisor, and FX team to create consistent, high quality, and performant in-game and cinematic visual FX. The Senior FX Artist will help set department standards, troubleshoot technical issues, and participate in FX department tool development.
• Content creation of visual FX across all areas of the game which set the industry leading standard for the team and the project.
• Collaborate with the project Art Director and Lead FX Artist to ensure a consistent style and quality level across all the various types of game FX assets.
• Research and Develop new FX solutions, visually and technically.
• Work with your team to troubleshoot FX related issues in a timely manner and maintain your implementations throughout production.
• Work with graphics engineers to improve upon existing technologies and develop new ones that raise the bar of game FX, both visually and technically.
• Work with and mentor junior FX Artists.
• 5+ years' experience as a professional FX artist in AAA games and/or film.
• Proficiency in fluid, particle, and rigid body simulations to create realistic FX in 3d packages such as Houdini, Maya, or 3dsMax.
• Portfolio of high quality FX work.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize work.
• A deep comprehension of how real-time VFX influences performance and how to maintain visual standards while supporting game-play.
• Experience with a scripting or programming language
• Experience using popular game engines
• Experience building and maintaining FX tools/Rigs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo924-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.