Senior Environment Artist
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Sr. Environment Artist who will contribute to the artistic vision and development of a AAA product with a specialized focus on creating environment/level assets, utilizing a combination of traditional fine art and technical art skills.
Responsibilities and Functions:
• Create stunning organic and hard surface 3D models for an open world real-time game environment.
• Produce rich materials and shaders that complement and enhance the 3D models.
• Collaborate with the art and design teams to layout game areas which are engaging and visually inspiring.
• Work closely with the art director/manager and team leads to deliver and maintain the established art style.
• Troubleshoot and provide solutions to issues related to asset creation, performance, and technical requirements.
• Work well within the team environment and be able to initiate and lead other team members.
• Independently undertake research and information to ensure game design needs and artistic direction are met.
• Proactively stay up on new software, processes and industry trends and share the knowledge with the team.
Requirements & Skills:
• A strong portfolio illustrating proficiency as an Senior Environment Artist
• Advanced experience with real-time 3D packages such as Unreal, CryEngine, or Unity.
• Expert understanding of Maya/Max, Substance Designer/Painter, and Z-Brush/Mudbox.
• Solid experience generating PBR materials and shaders.
• Professional experience working on current generation games
• Effective communicator with art staff, team leads, and other studio disciplines.
• Highly motivated and proactive, consistent productivity with minimal supervision.
• Ability to collaborate and contribute effectively in a team environment.
• 5+ years of experience in a game production environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqq62-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.