Commercial Finance Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA
Senior Director, Head of Corporate Development
Location: San Mateo
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for our next Head of Corporate Development! This is an exciting and ambitious role with the opportunity to influence Sony, the global media and the technology industry! SIE's Corporate Development Team works closely with SIE's management team and identifies inorganic growth opportunities through acquisitions, investments and joint ventures. The team sources, evaluates and executes transactions that are aligned with SIE's strategic priorities and drives significant long-term value for the company.
The ideal candidate will develop market insights through strong internal and external relationships to identify attractive M&A and investment opportunities. Opportunities are assessed based on meticulous investment criteria and evaluation by internal partners. Members of the team will develop the business case including synergies and drive internal alignment on strategic fit and the post-deal plan. The team works collaboratively across all functions and services at SIE.
We are looking for a candidate with proven experience in research and analytics, strategic problem-solving skills, and excellent communication. A strong history in business planning, analysis and financial modeling is required.
• Work with Corporate Strategy, senior executives, and other internal partners to continuously refine the major strategic themes that guide SIE's M&A strategy
• Be a thought-leader within the organization, particularly with respect to M&A and the external landscape of competitors and potential targets
• Drive proactive deal sourcing, including fostering strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders
• Own a tight and rigorous target evaluation process with robust strategic rationale, clear decision criteria, and in-depth analysis
• Lead the development of recommendations to senior executives and guide the alignment process for proposed M&A projects
• Shepherd the deal execution process, including due diligence, valuation, negotiation, approvals and post-merger integration
• Build and manage relationships with business unit leaders within SIE and across Sony including Tokyo HQ to facilitate discovery of opportunities and project alignment.
• Lead and continue to build a motivated and driven team
• 10+ years of corporate development / investment banking / M&A experience
• 10+ years of experience working for game publishers, game developers and/or gaming industry clients (publisher/developer)
• A broad network with senior leadership among game publishers and developers
• Experience leading M&A deals and M&A teams
• Experience sourcing and evaluating inorganic growth opportunities, including identifying key strategic themes, and driving the target evaluation process
• Demonstrated record of leading all parts of the end-to-end M&A process including post-merger integration for both large and small transactions
• Strategic, quantitative and financial modeling skills, including the ability to structure the rationale for M&A recommendations and to support it with data and models
• Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills and a history of developing relationships with key stakeholders including senior executives
• Strong project management skills and proven ability to lead a cross-functional team in a large organization
• International work experiences with ability to work with diverse cultures and to tailor work style and messaging to globally distributed management teams
• Strong team manager with a reputation for extraordinary people management and development
• Bachelor's Degree
• 15+ years of corporate development / investment banking / M&A experience
• 5+ years of experience in corporate strategy, business strategy, business operation, and/or strategy consulting
• 5+ years of experience in a large global corporation
• MBA from a top institution preferred
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.