Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Do you have strong technical abilities, excellent communication skills and can be an inspiration to your team to achieve extraordinary results?
This is an exciting role demanding a strong background in software engineering, build automation, continuous integration and collaboration.
We are part of the Engineering Effectiveness organization, which provides the tools and processes that enable development teams within our Experience Technology Group to do their job: building incredible experiences for our customers!
Our team owns the reliability, scalability and performance of infrastructure and systems that power these tools and processes, ranging from basic AWS services to more elaborate systems like Kubernetes. We are also responsible for our CI/CD infrastructure that consists primarily of Jenkins.
We are looking for a technically strong engineer with experience building and operating production systems. We believe passion and personality matter! As such, we need technical innovators that can move the business forward both technically and culturally.
• Empower development teams to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
• Design, build, and maintain the core CI/CD tooling used by all of our development teams
• Drive cross-team and cross-org alignment around efficiency
• Initiate deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams, and ensure that we are building the right systems and keeping the quality high
• Build and scale out our monitoring and metrics tooling, standards, and processes, to facilitate data-informed decision making
• Thrive in a high autonomy environment surrounded by unsolved problems
• Collaborate with team members from PlayStation offices around the world
• You are experienced in building and managing complex and highly scalable/available systems
• You have experience in deploying, operating, and managing customer-facing services in AWS or other cloud platforms
• You have extensive experience with continuous integration tools (preferably Jenkins), and have personally built out an end-to-end CI/CD pipeline
• You have intimate knowledge of time series metric databases (e.g. Prometheus, InfluxDB), data analytics and visualization (e.g. Grafana, Kibana), or distributed tracing
• You are familiar with software engineering methodologies and bring a well-adapted approach to testing and driving reductions in technical debt
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• You are able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roew51-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.