Senior Data Engineer
San Diego, CA
Do you have strong technical abilities, outstanding communication skills and can be an inspiration to your team to achieve outstanding results? We are looking for an experienced Software Data Engineer to help lead development and operations for our real time data analytic platform that will be used for our next generation console, PlayStation 5!
• You will play a senior role in design, build, deploy, and support software for our Real Time Data Analytics Platform.
• You will be part of a team building streaming pipeline solutions to reshape data and ingest into the platform in near real time.
• This position requires extensive hands-on technical domain expertise in data infrastructure within the AWS ecosystem
• You will participate in product road-map discussions and identify key areas for improvements for the analytics and visualization platform
• Mentor junior engineers to ensure we all deliver awesome!
• BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years experience in software development using Scala, Java, Python programming, design, and analysis.
• Strong foundation in data engineering, data structures and software design.
• Experience with big data analytics and visualization Experience with Imply preferred
• Experience with real time data streaming technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis
• Experience with OLAP/MOLAP database technologies such as ApacheDruid, Pinot, Clickhouse
• Experience delivering high performance, active-active, scalable services.
• Experience with container technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS
• Hands-on experience in cloud-based web services, at enterprise scale, AWS is preferable.
• Possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq816z-34-239-179-228-42 in your application.